5. THE NEW SONG (PROPHETIC SONG)
Ps. 33:3; 40:3; 96:1; 98:1; 144:9; 149:1; Is. 42:10; Rev. 5:9; 14:3
Themes of songs and prophetic songs in Scripture:
v The Song Of Deliverance
1. Psalm 32:7
2. Exodus 15:1-21—The Song of Moses
Although this song is after the fact, it’s prophetic overtones set the stage for future songs of deliverance.
3. I Sam. 16:14-23 – David ministering to Saul with music.
v The Song Of War II Chron. 20:21-22:
We learn from this song that the song of war can be:
* Militant, marching like an army
* Demonstrative (e.g. halal)
* Anointed with God’s power (tehillah) to the “pulling down of strongholds.”
* Preceded and followed by praise. Ps. 149
* A war song need not be directed at the enemy, but may be a song of praise.
v The New Song
Ps. 33:3; Ps. 98:1; Ps. 144:9; Ps. 149:1; Rev. 5:9; 14:1-8
Isaiah 42:10,11 A song that has never been heard in the heathen world.
“Kedar” – darkness, in Arabic this word means: to be able; mighty.
Psalm 40:3 “Fresh, new thing.”
* Involves revelation – comes out of lifestyle.
* Speaks to those in darkness.
* How can people “see a song?” Our walk provokes the questions.
* It is a song that glorifies God.
v The Song Of Healing
James 5:13 “…Is any merry? Let him sing psalms.”
Proverbs 17:22 “…A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.”
* The joyful singing heart has the power of healing.
One word in Greek for “worship” is therapeuo, meaning to cure and to heal.
v The Song Of Praise And Thanksgiving
Ps. 69:30; 95:1-2; 104:33; 108:1-3
The Song of Praise involves:
* Entrance into His presence – Ps. 100:4
* The sacrifice of praise/thanksgiving – Ps. 50:23
* Magnifying God Ps. 105:2
* Jeremiah 30:19
v The Song In The Wilderness/Night
Hosea 2:14-15; Ps. 23; Ps. 42:8; Ps. 77:6; Job 35:10; Is. 30:29
v The Song Of The Bridegroom And The Song Of The Bride
Song of Solomon; Is. 5:1; Jer. 33:11
v The Song Of Moses
Ex. 15:1; Deut. 31:19-32:44
It is interesting to note that Moses wrote one song just before the Children of Israel entered the wilderness, and one song just as they were about to leave the wilderness. The victorious saints will sing the song of Moses in Heaven – Rev. 15:2-4
v The Song Of The Lamb
v The Songs Of Zion
Ps. 137:3; Is. 35:10